As a member of the New Zealand Cruise Association you become part of the industry voice. Your business gains access to insider intel and industry news and you support the New Zealand cruise industry as a whole.
Membership will deliver value to your business through:
- Insights into global trends – how they will impact New Zealand and key New Zealand cruise research and statistics
- Opportunities to maximise growth through increased engagement with stakeholders and understanding of this unique sector
- Regional and national advocacy supporting cruise-friendly legislation and maintaining New Zealand’s “cruise-friendly” reputation
- Support of cruise initiatives that will benefit New Zealand
If your business benefits from the cruise sector, you should join the NZCA.
As the voice of the New Zealand Cruise Industry, NZCA works together with industry partners to provide and deliver effective advocacy, education, promotion and services to our members, the wider tourism sector stakeholder and communities.
We are the only association in New Zealand to champion causes relevant to the Cruise Industry, and this has a direct impact on the longevity and potential growth of all businesses in this sector. For example, as an Industry body, we:
- champion the need to future-proof our infrastructure
- work on current issues – such as the Border Clearance Levy and biofouling and smarter ways to process large volumes of people at the border
- work with government bodies to ensure overly ambitious legislation is not passed at the expense of the industry
As a member you also gain invaluable access industry intelligence, cruise contacts and industry events.
Our members include key industry stakeholders such as:
- Regional Tourism Organisations (RTOs)
- local government authorities (e.g. Territorial Local Authorities)
- ground handlers
- shipping agents
- tour operators
- service operators
- Tourism New Zealand
“NZCA really understands its members; both our businesses and facilitating the development of the partnerships that are essential to the cruise sector. Our membership of NZCA has become an integral and unique part of our business fabric. For us, membership of NZCA is at the heart of business and our desire to continue to be part of the development of the cruise sector in Auckland.”Gavin Oliver
“New Zealand Cruise Association have been a champion in building a very successful cruise industry in New Zealand in a very short time. They perform a crucial role in the industry by bringing together a number of diverse organisations and presenting a unified voice to the world. We are happy to be part of the association to support the ongoing work it is doing. It brings us a number of benefits including information, advice and expertise.”Paul Bingham
We have four levels of membership available. Our whakatauki (proverb) is He Waka Eke Noa, which means “We are all in this together” (literally, to board a single canoe). Our membership tier names reference specific parts of a waka hourua (double-hulled voyaging canoe). The specific parts all work together to create the movement of the waka.
RAA TANAKE | MIZZEN SAIL
The mizzen sail’s role is to support the main sail and Head sail.
RAA MATUA | MAIN SAIL
As the name implies, these are the main sails that propel the waka.
RAA NGONGOHAU | HEAD SAIL
A modern adaption for waka hourua which provides the extra drive for going upwind.
HOE URUNGI | STEERING PADDLE
The steering paddle determines the direction of the waka in its course across the ocean.